ACCT is looking to recruit an energetic, friendly and fun individual who is passionate about providing quality support and activities for Autistic young people. The role would be suitable for someone with prior experience working in Education, Psychology, Speech and Language, Occupational Therapies or similar.
As a Playworker you will be committed to improving the lives of Autistic children and young people in the Sheffield area. We need you to be open minded, empathic, understanding and patient, have a positive attitude, and be willing to learn.
- Support young people to take part in the different activities ACCT offers
- Engage participants to take full advantage of these sessions and provide particular support around the additional needs resulting from Autism.
- Assist in developing and promoting an autism friendly environment with particular attention to routine, social and communication strategies, and the physical environment
- To work closely with parents and carers
- To ensure the participant’s needs are being met with a focus on wellbeing
- To manage the young people’s behaviour positively, with the support of other staff and volunteers
- Help young people to better understand their autism and behaviour
- Adhere to health and safety legislation and ACCT’s policies and procedures
- To take responsibility for safeguarding the young people during activities
- To take responsibility for managing volunteers during the session
- Assist with other aspects of ACCT’s activities where appropriate
- To undertake training where appropriate
- To ensure all children receive a high standard of care at all times
Location: Sheffield, S2
Remuneration: £10.00 – £12.00 p/h (depending on experience)
Hours: 3 hours on Wednesday evenings, 18:30 – 21:30pm
Closing Date: Friday 4th February 2022 at 5pm
Interviews: W/B 14th February 2022
How to apply: Fill in an application form, paying attention to the requirements of the job as detailed in the role description and person specification. All documents are available to download here –
If you have any specific questions not answered by the job pack or information on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org